Monday, March 24, 2008

Billy on Oprah


Billy Joel was on Oprah this afternoon -- I'm glad the TiVo caught it, 'cause I was about to watch this evening's competition on Jeopardy!, and TiVo auto-recorded it on re-broadcast.

He opened up the show with Only the Good Die Young, which was interesting, 'cause his playing was a bit sloppy in the intro. Then I noticed he had his teeth totally done. They're perfect. I have no issue with that, but he got his eyebrows done, and that's a problem.

Lest you think I'm a hater, I'm actually a big fan. I've seen him like 25 times (plus Shea in the Spring), played his music on every format ever (45, LP, cassette, cassingle, CD, MP3), and perform (well, 'perform') his music on the piano/keyboard. I own everything he's ever commercially recorded, and a bunch of bootlegs.

So I'm a fan.

So why does it make me wince a bit when he's rockin' this look and appearing on Oprah (who I also dig), and they're promoing a segment about meeting Katie Lee and take a tour of his NYC pad later in the show?

I'll check back, apres-Oprah.

Oprah

No comments: